Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Healthy Hair Journey

Hello all

I decided to create this blog to help women who are struggling with hair growth. On 6/6/12 I decided that I wanted to take care of my hair the right way. No more hair styles that damage my hair, no more heat, and I stretch my relaxers as long as I can. In my search I found the online hair forum www.longhaircareforum.com which is a great a site to get you started if you are clueless about how to get started.

I plan to type up a small glossary of terms that I will use in my post, It will make life a lot easier if you know some of the terms we use in the hair world. Also I will post my staple products that I use on a daily basis so that you can try them and maybe they will aid you in your journey.

One of my biggest problems was my hair was short. My hair style was much like a 'bob'. So my biggest fear was that my hair in the back would never catch up to the rest of it so my first thought was to cute it all off and start over. Im happy to say I didnt cut my hair because my nape is doing fine although its awkward during styling, im glad i took that advice.

My hair is relaxed so most of what Ill talk about will be for relaxed heads. I'm not sure of my hair type either.

My many hair styles before my journey:


My hair after 6/6/12:



1 comment: